* My Mom taught this to me when I was barely 13 yrs of age 🙂 – “Never complain about your Mom-in-Law, to your Husband”. Now that I am married and also have a son, it ofcourse makes more sense to me. After all, just as my hands care for my son, so have my mom-in-laws hands cared for her own!!!
* My Co-Sister has modelled this to me: “Be quick to say ‘Sorry’ “. In some of the arguments that a husband and wife may sometimes have, it may be crushing to actually say that word, ‘Sorry’, “but it always makes things much easier”, Aartika says!!!
* My Mom-in-Law always says: “Family first, everything else next.” Jeev wanted me to cut down on my weekday activities at church to have quality time at home. I was taken aback when he said one day, “Does not even feel like you are at home!” I was quick to make some cancellations right away!!!! 🙂 Now the only thing I do is Choir practice, on Wednesdays!!!
* My Gamma (maternal grandma) has taught all her children and her grandchildren, the value of prayer. She was a very simple woman, but she conquered mountains just on her knees!!! Even today her perseverence that she showed during her lifetime, encourages me to imitate her all the more!!!
* My Paattima (paternal grandma) was very diligent with the family finances and recorded the daily expenditures of the home in an accounts book, as I lay beside her on the bed. The Woman of the home ought to be wise with the use of money. (I’ve got a long……… way to go on this pointer tho!!! 🙂 )
Another thing that I have learned: A woman can build or break her home just with her WORDS. Bite your tongue if you have to… it sure does save a lot of troubles. That’s really really tough for us women, coz we are the kinds who just need to get things out of our system!!! 🙂 Personally, I’d humbly ask you to pray and ask God to guide your tongue and He always does a superb job!!!
In the end, it can NEVER be our wisdom that can build a godly home. IT ALWAYS TAKES THE GRACE OF GOD TO DO THAT!!! With God, the smallest effort, yields a hundred fold fruit!!! So be encouraged Woman of God, Heaven backs you up, on all your endeavors, to build a good Home!!!
Have a fantabulous month ahead!!!